standarsd wordle

Wordle: STANDARDS

Monday, January 11, 2010

Key questions

Key questions
I like how this article starts. It begins with an inquiry on the learning needs pupils have. This issue is of great importance when we plan and design a course. Normally we take this for granted especially in a face to face class. We hope or mostly assume that all our student are about the same, that they one just like the other. However, we must think of their needs before we start planning. We need to know who they are and what they need to be successful learners.

2 comments:

  1. You are right, the article is interesting and it pushes us to really understand the pedagogical and intellectual needs of our students so that our plans are relevant. How do you propose to get to know your students in this online program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justin,

    Well, in my course design there is on part that says prerequisites. I think that should help. Among the prerequisites are: having finished the Basic TEFL, being in-service and having taken Cooperative learning. Still, all these elements are part of a big puzzle in my mind. I never thought a course this hard.

    I think the first activity will be having students introduce one another, as we did in Nicola's class. The difference would be that we mostly knew each other. Also the Forum introduction happened a week after our face to face class. However, I intend to keep the introduction clear and simple using Nicola's model.

    Moreover, I believe I need to interact more with students in the sense of making nice positive comments on their intro. I think that will help.
    I think key elements would be:
    * Experience
    * Course expectations

    I continue going over my questions more than over the book at deciding what should go in the course.

    ReplyDelete